Social Media is distinct from all media that existed prior. It is called Social because the flow of information switched from broadcast, to conversation. To truly benefit from social media, businesses must be…social. To be social means to dedicate the time, resources and emotional energy it takes to listen and respond to customer inquiries, comments, compliments and complaints. Engagement is social media’s secret sauce. It is what differentiates companies that “get it” and those that don’t. Learn more about effective engagement tactics and community management best practices:
- Community Management 101: What everyone ought to know about Community Management
- Do You “Bucket?” How to Create a Funnel On Any Network.
- People don’t work for things anymore
- Social Media Warning Labels: It’s not “just another channel…”
- Archive: Posts about Engagement & Community Management